China Daily > China News

Thursday, March 14, 2019

PERSONAL LEARNING NETWORK


Hey everyone,

    I just put up my PLN. PLN stands for Personal Learning Network, is an informal learning network that consists of the people a learner interacts with and derives knowledge from in a personal learning environment, typically in the style of a mind map. Mind map are diagrams which visually helps organize information.  Many times, they’re used to brainstorm ideas.  It helps show connections between topics and sources.  It is a great tool which allows groups of people to get together and plan, conceptualize, analyze, create and organize information. Although PLN should be more about learning. However, I decided to put in some information about myself as well.

    As you can see from the mind map, my name is in the center of the map, and the lines and bubbles expand into different categories. Since I don’t have much to put for now, I just put some basic resources. For example, my social media (Digital Identify). It is not necessary where I learn stuffs but it’s a great way to know what’s happening around me. And of course, the PLN will develop as I get older and becoming more and more experienced. In the future I will be interact with more and more useful apps and devices to help me becoming a better student and eventually a better teacher.

    In my opinion, this PLN project could be something to represent my digital identity as well. Which is why I also put down some information about my personal interests and my background info. I believe my personal interest will finally become something I will stick to forever. That way, I will definitely learn a lot from it. So why not have some information about my personal interest.

    As a future educator, I need be able to use the social media effectively in teaching the students. I’m pretty sure my PLN will be getting populated more as I go further in my
career, and it’s going to help me in many aspects.


No comments:

Post a Comment